Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blogging from the Brisbane International

This is a really late post, more late than initially intended because I got lazy (or I ran out of time?). But this was to mainly say that I will be blogging from the Brisbane International on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. So come back to check the site if you wish to.

It has been the first year that Brisbane has gotten a professional tennis event and there has a been a lot of buzz surrounding it from the press and the general public. I think when you see a large amount of spectators turn up just to see the official opening, which featured nothing more than a five game hit-and-giggle exhibition, then you know that people are excited.

Also, I meant to give up a heads up to my fellow Brisbane/Queensland blogger, to get people to have a look at New Balls Please. He/she has told me that there will also be reports on the event, which I don't see yet, then again I haven't even put up mine yet (it's about 5 minutes away from going up). But for the moment, check out the WTA/ATP predictions for the new year. Where has Marko Djokovic gone by the way? I thought he was supposed to be playing the doubles but I don't see his name anywhere.

No comments: